In The Pink
After an unfortunate washing accident with the pants that I originally made with this fabric, I decided that there was just enough fabric left to eek out another pair of jeans. Not satisified completely with the fit to date of the jeans I had made using the Jalie jeans pattern, I in a rush of blood to the head, set about reinventing the wheel.
What I was hoping to achieve was a curvier hip area, narrow legs and a slightly larger rise at the front...hmm sounded easy in theory. The basis of my theory was a new pair of rtw jeans that I really liked the fit of. Now after much drawing and pinning and measuring, I now have a pattern that I am happier with but I don't think I am quite there yet. I love the rise, the ease in the hips but the legs do tend to creep up a bit and are a little too snug around the calves. The fabric does tend to grow quite substantially with wear, so I would be interested to see how this pattern goes with real denim.
I was lucky enough to have just enough length in the fabric to make pants for a vertically challenged person but there was not enough for pocket bags or for the waistband. My solution was to line the waistband with a more stable white denim which was probably a good idea in hindsight. The pocket bags were just made with some white cotton shirting and a pocket facing eeked out of the pink stitched on top.
Top to toe colour seems to be a reacurring theme this season, so I have teamed the pink Jalie (I say that very loosely now) jeans with the pink linen jacket I wrote about last week, pink ballet flats by Mia Paci and my favourite cotton top with tiny pink flowers, circa this time last year.