Zesty Belcarra and Woven Animas
Because my previous Sewaholic Belcarra is too big, well, everywhere, I went back to the beginning and copied a new one. This time I cut my top to size 4, grading to size 2 in the hips. I also narrowed the neck by 1cm all around.
The fabric I chose was an op shop piece of lemon/lime coloured textured mystery woven with nice drape. I didn't have quite enough fabric so I had to add a piece to the back neck. To add interest I cut this on the bias and top stitched it. I also didn't have enough fabric for the sleeve bands so horror of horrors, I cut into a skirt that I didn't really wear but still love the fabric. The rest of the skirt will be utilized in another project.
I really like the fit of this Belcarra but feel the neck could be narrowed further in future versions.
Ever since making Papercut Anima pants, I was curious as to how this pattern would look made into a drapey woven fabric. I had a piece of drapey synthetic woven fabric in my stash that had been recently bought at the op shop. This fabric is similar to that which sports track pants are made of...the ones that are lined with zips at the ankles. Because I had nothing to lose I ran a pair of Anima's up. I am pleased I did! I have to say, I love these pants! They are both comfortable and work appropriate. I am now on the lookout for some more suitable fabric.