Merchant and Mills Fielder Dress

 



My original Merchant and Mills Fielder Top was actually a wearable muslin for my planned dress.  I really wanted a loose fitting sack type dress, I could wear over the summer with sneakers or sandals for cooler days.  I had no idea what I wanted to make it from, but I knew it had to be linen.

A visit to The Fabric Store prior to Christmas yielded this lovely banana print striped linen in the perfect weight.  It was quite narrow compared to the rest of their linens but Courteney had me convinced this was what I wanted.


This time I made a size 10 because my previous 12 was too big, despite my measurements putting me at this size.  I did grade out to a 12 at the hips to account for my pear shaped body.  I didn't include the pockets because I didn't want to break up the lines of the dress.  The ribbing was also from The Fabric Store and left over from my top.


It is funny how some things become instant favourites, and this dress certainly is a favourite.  It is a little too casual for work in this Hawaiian style print but it has been worn a lot over the weekends and will continue to be worn into the autumn as the weather cools down.  Hmm, I wonder if I could make a winter version in some heavier and warmer fabric!


Comments

  1. I wouldn't have thought to use knit ribbing with linen, but it adds a nice contrasting to the dress. Looks very comfy. I think this pattern would work great in a winter type fabric, perhaps a stable, ponte type knit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts