Deer & Doe Myosotis Dress



Every now and then, a pattern crops up that gives me major FOMO and Deer and Doe's Myosotis Dress is one such pattern.  I really love Deer and Doe patterns.  They are I think drafted for a pear shape so I was pretty confident that this dress would suit my shape.  I don't always make things that suit my shape, but I do find that I feel better in things that do so I don't discount this when planning my projects.


I bought this pattern probably a year ago now and the rayon fabric from Spotlight at about the same time.  It completely missed last summer.  No problem, I consoled myself, I will make it for winter and wear with a merino and boots.  Well that didn't happen either, so come spring I felt it was now or never and I really didn't want this fabric to become a long term stash resident.

This was a pretty quick pattern to make up.  The amount of gathering required was a bit daunting because gathering is one of those things I don't particularly like doing for no particular reason but once I got over that hurdle, I whipped through this dress during a few weeknights.  

I am really drawn to this boho kind of aesthetic. It works well for casual with sneakers and can be dressed up as well.  I am just not sure whether it is really me!  I have visions of the dresses I wore as a child and 50 year old me just can't get my head around wearing child like styles now.  I do really like it so once I get over this mental hurdle, I think it will be worn and it does fit in well with my casual office style.


Dress
Fabric $47.50
Pattern $19.45
Buttons (from stash) $0.00
Total $66.95


Comments

Popular Posts