Scrap Busting Fun



 My daughter recently completed a shirt for her partner that had been shelved due to COVID and the lack of need for collared shirts.  It is made of a lovely Liberty Lantana that her partner had chosen on a visit to The Fabric Store.  I was the lucky recipient of the left overs.  I must admit it didn't take long to work out what to do with them.



II really love my recent version of New Look 6871 and have worn this version a lot.  I decided I wanted to create a more winter version.



I didn't actually have enough of the gifted Lantana but I did have a piece left over from my last Liberty Lantana blouse that was the perfect shade of pink to match the tiny pink spot in the lavender/grey fern print.  It took a while to work out the best way to combine the two fabrics to actually eek out the blouse that I had envisioned.  I had just enough to lengthen the sleeves in the pink but had to add a cuff to make it work.  They are just long enough.  Once again I raised the neckline so that it just pulled over my head without the need for a placket or keyhole at the back.  Although the pattern doesn't include a ruffle attached to the yoke, it was a really simple addition and one I really like.

I really love how this blouse worked out.  That is often the case with my scrap projects.  This blouse is the perfect combination of practical and feminine and although I will retire this pattern for a while I am sure it will make an appearance again soon.


Comments

Popular Posts