Tēnā koutou


For those of you reading this that aren't from New Zealand,  my title reads; hello to three or more people, in Maori.  For those of you from New Zealand reading this, I hope you have a lovely Waitangi Day.  

What is Waitangi Day?  Wikipedia describes it like this:


The Treaty of Waitangi (MāoriTiriti o Waitangi) is a treaty first signed on 6 February 1840 by representatives of the British Crown and various Māori chiefs from the North Island of New Zealand.
The Treaty established a British Governor of New Zealand, recognised Māori ownership of their lands and other properties, and gave the Māori the rights of British subjects.


What has all of this got to do with my photo?  Actually, absolutely nothing!  I have been at the op shop again.  I made the mistake of going in the holidays and my trusty side kicks, the younger male members of the household, came with me.  It was somewhat of a whirlwind trip as boredom quickly set in and I made a hasty retreat when trolley racing and hide and seek among the racks was in the planning stage.  I did manage to pick up a few delicious pieces that will fit in nicely to my autumn wardrobe.  Best get sewing then!

Yesterday it rained.  Boy did it rain!  It came down in sheets and overshot my gutters completely.  We needed it though as it is only the second time it has rained this year.  It did provide the perfect opportunity for a decent nights sleep, because heat is not conducive to sleep, but also re-energized my sewing mojo.  I was within minutes of completing my latest project when wouldn't you know it, I ran out of elastic.  I now have to make a dash down to Lincraft and buy some of their very expensive elastic to finish it, darn!  

Ka kite anō! (See you again)


Comments

  1. My MIL also said you've also been having a very hot summer too.
    I hope to see your finished project too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg Omg OMG!!! Is that green and white patterned fabric fourth from the left a swimsuit fabric?? I've been looking for this ever since I saw some in spotlight once and decided to pass on it... then regretted it ever since. My unrequited love of that fabric has been taking up space in the back of my mind ever since. Lucky you! :)
    and happy Waitangi day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this fabric too but I don't think this one has any Lycra content. It would make gorgeous swimwear in a Lycra.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts