Making It Work


I have a very large collection of casual clothes but not much suitable for office wear.  The weather has changed to more autumnal in the last couple of days, so those summer dresses will either need to be paired with another layer or put away until next year.  At the moment I am rather struggling with the what do I wear, problem, on a daily basis.   I work in an office full of males, so actually working out the dress code is taking some experimentation.  Thus far, I think my office sits somewhere between casual and formal office attire so suits are not necessary and jeans a step too far.

The outfit I am wearing today, consists of a Bendon lace tee which I picked up at the op shop, grey leather sling backs by Valdo which I bought from Street Legal, light weight wool lycra cardigan that predates my blog and a cotton sateen skirt made using Megan Neilsen's Kelly Skirt pattern.

I have nothing on my sewing table at the moment, but do have a stack of fabric and no inspiration...hmmmm!  Did I mention that I have no energy either! It is not exactly conducive to productivity but I am determined that no rtw will be added to my wardrobe.

Comments

  1. I think you can never go wrong with a skirt and cardi. Once it gets cooler just add tights and boots. I'm a librarian and we can wear jeans but I do like to mix it up a bit.

    Also did you say you made that skirt? So fab!


    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, the cardigans will come out I think but I do want to add a few jackets to the mix as well.

      Delete
  2. I think the outfit is great for your office situation - you couldn't go androgynous! There is a challenge going on at the moment, starts April - sew your own wardrobe for a year, shunning RTW. I'm going in, because I too lack the energy and motivation, after dealing with work and housework. Pop over to my blog and say hi one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I couldn't wear entirely my own wardrobe for a year. I would come unstuck with my down jacket, jeans and sports clothing but I certainly want to shy away where practical.

      Delete
  3. The address for the challenge: sewyourownwardrobeforayearchallenge.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too struggle with what to wear to work - as I'm self employeed but often interacting with corporates and tradesmen in the same day. I guess I stick with professional but approachable?? There are some great outfit bloggers out there who focus specifically on work wear that could be helpful...?

    Anyway thanks for linking up with WW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get there in the end. It is hard starting at the beginning of a new season but it also opens up a whole host of opportunities clothing wise. Another curve ball is the earthquake. What has an earthquake got to do with clothing you ask? Well, since eq2, business has been done very differently in this city and is perhaps a little more casual due to a lack of cbd.

      Delete
  5. I always find it hard, at the beginning of a new season, to remember what I used to wear in this weather. Your outfit looks great and I'm sure you'll be inspired by some cosy clothes and get your inspiration back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should really trawl the northern hemisphere blogs for inspiration. I know what will happen...autumn will arrive in ernest and I really will have nothing to wear if I don't get organised soon!

      Delete
  6. I can not imagine you not having something to sew. I am lucky in my main work that anything goes really . One of the owner doctors is extremely casual - baggy cord shorts is a favourite , another GP registrar wears extremely close fitting , short dresses and skirts , another one is extremely conservative due to religious reasons so really I can get away with wearing my home made clothes , no power suits here - it`s great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts