What You Wear To Dinner When You Are Not Going To Dinner.....



The day before my birthday, we had plans for a meal out which of course means a new dress.  I was short on time having made ski pants that week so V1314 being a knit dress, came to mind.  This dress has been really popular in blog land of late, so when an online pattern sale popped up in my inbox, who was I to say no!

I had some lovely navy/black and cherry red lycra blend knit
in my stash and as tempting as it was, to make it into version six of New Look 6071, I resisted the temptation and tried something new.

I cut the dress to size 10 and graded to size 12 in the hips.

I have to say, that despite all of the hype surrounding this dress, I kind of feel a little 'meh' about it.  Perhaps there is a little OCD in me but those gathers just annoy me.  They don't sit evenly and creep when the dress is worn.  Not to mention, the rear view!  I should have looked a little harder at the picture on the envelope because this dress just accentuates bits that really I don't want on show.  Don't get me wrong, it will look really nice with my Sewaholic Cordova but just don't think it will get a lot of wear.  So, now that I have discovered I have an extreme aversion to all dresses body con, I wasn't disappointed that my dinner date was cancelled and this dress has been banished to the inner depths of my wardrobe ever since.  Since I really like the fabric, I have bought some more, so it will make a reappearance and I suspect this dress may well be reinvented as a top when my enthusiasm for it returns at all.  Oh, and it goes without saying, I am still looking for that elusive replacement for New Look 6071.




Comments

  1. I think that it looks cute, but I am with you on feeling an aversion to body con. Despite it looking good on you, how you feel wearing it is more important. Turn it into a top - and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I remember those awful lycra body con dresses that were trendy when I was a teenager. I didn't like those either and I was thinner then. At least I had the sense to steer clear back then!

      Delete
  2. I made Kwik Sew 3659. Hated it as a dress, so I chopped it off and it's one of my favorite tops. I think your dress looks nice, but if you're not grooving on it, do something else with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jury is still out on it! It doesn't even hang nicely in the wardrobe which doesn't help its cause at all!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts