A Little Beachy


We have just returned from a very relaxing week camping in our new caravan at the beach.  We sold our previous caravan and bought a new one in Autumn last year so this was our inaugural summer holiday in our new caravan.  

In order to inject a little personality into an otherwise beige environment, I dug through my stash and came up with some beachy colourful remnants of fabric to make some holiday inspired cushion covers.  

The blue linen was a piece that I bought to make one of my boys some curtains and stitched stripes of natural wool to add texture. After hanging my sample I quickly changed my mind and a large piece of this fabric was tossed into the cupboard for future use. The beige linen backing was a sample that I had previously ear marked for cushions for the house.  All of the other fabrics are remnants from various projects.

The first cushion was actually inspired by a similar one I had seen on the internet (source unknown) but the second cushion was copied off the shape of our actual caravan with a little bunting thrown in for good measure.  I did have a wee smile when I arrived at our holiday spot to find an actual caravan site decorated with a very similar bunting!



I am very happy with how these two turned out and did have plans for a third in an equally summery design but the demands of Christmas got in the way.  Maybe this can be my project for next summer!

Comments

  1. These are just so cute. Perfect for a caravanning holiday at the beach. Great that you used fabric from your stash too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts