Classic Black and White


Since the demise of my colour blocked dress, I have been determined to replace it.  Rather than use the same pattern though, I took advantage of Vogue's online sale prior to Christmas and ordered the very popular Vogue 8805.  After seeing a similar dress on someone in black and white, I was sold on this combination and what luck, I had the perfect fabric in my collection!  The white was left over from this top and the black crepe was yet another op shop acquisition.  Both are lovely but mystery crepe fabrics with very nice draping qualities.  



As usual with Vogue patterns, I cut the dress to size 10, grading to size 12 through the hips.  This actually had to be run back in to size 10 after the fact though as it did not sit nicely.  I found the neckline too high as well and had to lower it by 1cm.



While I love this dress, it is a little snug through the thighs and hips so is not ideally suited to a sitting down all day kind of dress on an hourglass or pear shaped person.  It will definitely be made again in one form or another though!


Comments

  1. It is very smart. I love the blocking and the sharp mod look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is quite a practical style to wear as well.

      Delete
  2. Lovely dress. It's really flattering on you, I was worried that the lack of shaping in the body would make it sack like but it's definitely not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it is somewhat shapeless but does have front bust darts. It has just enough shaping without being a sack.

      Delete
  3. I really like this, especially in black and cream. I've had the pattern forever and it always rises to the top of project lists, then sinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very simple but effective dress and well worth trying. Black and cream is one of my favourite combinations. I do try to stay away from too much black these days though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts