Me Made May 2014 - Week Four


Day 24

19 degrees celcius - rugby with my sons wearing Burda Style 2/2013 tee and wool Renfrew.



Day 25

16 degrees celcius - shopping and drinks with friends.   Wearing Lekala jacket and Tessuti Alexa in merino.



Day 26

10 degrees celcius (very cold, snow flurries) - Work wearing me made wool cardigan, modified Vogue 1247 skirt and merino Renfrew.


Day 27

10 degrees celcius (after a -4 degree start).  Work wearing a me made hand knitted wool cardigan and Vogue 1247, modified.


Day 28

15 degrees celcius (-1 degree start).  Work wearing  Simplicity 2508 wool coat over Tessuti Alexa tee in merino and Vogue 1247 in wool.



Day 29

21 degrees celcius - work.  Wearing Simplicity 4589 and Colette
Meringue.


Day 30

14 degrees celcius - road trip.  This photo taken in Oamaru Victorian Precinct prior to Oamaru on Fire. Wearing Jalie 2795 and Burda Style 2/2010.


Day 31

13 degrees celcius - Road trip Dunedin.  Wearing Jalie 2795 in boiled wool and Burdastyle 2/2013 tee.

Well,  it is all done and dusted for another year!  I debated long and hard about participating this year due to time constraints, but actually the whole process was not as difficult as I expected.   While my wardrobe isn't vast, it is practical and therefore most of my clothing does get worn on regular rotation.  In saying that, there really wasn't anything worn during the last month that had to be dragged kicking and screaming from the deep dark recesses.  I think the items that didn't make the cut, are probably things that could be culled or re purposed in some way.  

So what did I learn from this exercise....I still love my Jalie 2795 hoodies and these are go to weekend jackets.  With that in mind, while in Dunedin this past weekend, I visited The Fabric Store and may have walked out of the shop with a lovely piece of wool boucle to make a new jacket.  I also find shell tops invaluable both as weekend wear and for work so a couple of pieces of cotton silk also managed to follow me home.  While in the store I learnt that a new Fabric Store will be opened in The Tannery in the next few months having been absent since the February 2011 earthquake took care of the previous one.  I am really looking forward to this opening, although fear it could be dangerous!


Comments

  1. Great effort for MMM Andrea. I have enjoyed following your progress and you have some very stylish outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have enjoyed following your progress as well!

      Delete
  2. You did a great job a MMM ~ considering your very cold winter weather ~ well done! Can't wait to see what you pick up at the new Fabric Store ... lots of new fabric for MMM'15?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Actually the cold hasn't even started yet. Winter usually means single digit daytime temperatures. The mild autumnal temperatures we have had have made Me Made May quite easy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts