Too Much Of A Good Thing Maybe.....


When I hit on a good thing, once is never enough.  In fact I have been known to do things to the death.  I can play a favourite tune over and over until I can no longer stand it or until it gets indelibly embedded in my brain and I am sure I sing it in my sleep.  I do however draw the line at buying an item of clothing in every colour.  I kid you not!  I have peeps in my inner circle that do this!  If you are reading this, you know who you are!  Sewing patterns on the other hand are often used over and over and usually no longer require the use of instructions.  Take Jalie 2795 as an example.  I have lost count the number of variations of this pattern I have made up.  I am pretty sure that Sewaholic Belcarra could be the next victim of Sewist Overuse Syndrome, this being my third version in perhaps as many weeks.  What I like about this pattern is not only the fact it is easy to make up, but the variations seem to be endless (I will let you know on that score) but best of all, it is practical and comfortable to wear.  Yes, I know dresses are pretty and fun to make but the real work horses in my wardrobe are the comfortable and practical ones and when I find one that is stylish as well, I know I have found a winner.



My latest version played on my mind the whole time I was creating my Belcarra dress.  I had close to a metre left over and had recently come across the panne velvet collar of an unloved Sewaholic Renfrew in my fabric bin which was the perfect size and colour for the sleeves.  Once again I used stretch satin to bind the neck and made the neck seam allowance a scant 1cm to make it a fraction narrower, narrowing the neck binding to match.

  

What can I say, I love this top!  I am not sure how well two blingy items of clothing will work in my wardrobe but even if it is just to the supermarket I will wear this top!

Comments

  1. Lovely top Andrea, and I don't think you can ever have too much of a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I LOVE the fabrics you chose! It's fun to have a few luxurious but still everyday items in the wardrobe to feel gorgeous in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! There is no point in saving things we feel good in for special occasions.

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love this top. Oh I'm with you on the pattern as well. I made it up for the first time over the weekend - a wearable muslin if you like. Sure I need to make a tweak hear and there, but overall I can see this pattern appearing over and over in my wardrobe ... I may or may not already have a few ideas floating around in my head :-) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a keeper isn't it! I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts