Blingy Tessuti Alexa

 

As part of my stash busting pre holiday marathon sewing bee, I made another version of Tessuti Alexa.  This time I made a 3/4 sleeved version.  I had been given a gold cardigan that was made of gorgeous lace fabric but looked terrible on me.  I kept it because I loved the fabric but it had remained in my stash for the last couple of years waiting for inspiration.  



More recently I was also given an unworn black rugby knit men's long sleeve top.  The fabric was great quality but was not any use to anyone in my household.    My initial plan was to line the gold fabric with the black knit but fearing the black was too thick, I decided to leave the original hem on the gold cardigan and cut the front in two tiers.  The gold lace is not attached at the hem and gives the effect of a cropped top.

I had just enough fabric to construct the top.  I had to add a couple of strategically placed seams in the front under layer but it is not noticeable when worn.  I made a neckband in a leftover piece of black ribbing.  I am really pleased with how the top turned out.  It was completely free and best of all I now have a couple of gaps in my fabric cupboard.


These photos were taken at Lake Pukaki with Mount Cook in the background.  Mount Cook is the tallest mountain in New Zealand at 3724 metres.  All in all not a back place to stop for lunch.

Comments

  1. Love your new top and to think it's entirely made from preloved garments. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often struggle with inspiration when it comes to repurposing. Fortunately not this time!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts