Bird Belcarra



Left over from some unselfish Christmas sewing I have been doing, was the tiniest piece of bird print chiffon.  I had my heart set on another Sewaholic Belcarra for it's use.  The only problem was there wasn't enough.  I had enough for both the front and back in both length and width but not enough for sleeves.
After pondering briefly, I pinned the front sleeve to the front and the back sleeve to the back and cut the top out in two pieces...well four pieces if you count the sleeve bands.


Just like my lace Belcarra, I narrowed the neckline by 1.5cm.  I used french seams for both the shoulder and side seams for duribility and made neck binding out of ivory voile curtaining from my stash.  The whole project came together within an hour.



I think this is perhaps my favourite version to date and is already on regular rotation.

Comments

  1. What an excellent solution for a small piece of fabric. I will remember this! Your top is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a great basic pattern which suits you and you have used it creatively to make such different looks. I am so jealous of your bird print. I love bird prints and own exactly zero bird print items. I have been looking for so long to find something suitable that I have almost considered buying RTW . I will keep searching though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a basic pattern that can be reliably sewn up. Great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute top and so well done to make it work with so little fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay another Belcarra - such a great pattern. I love the bird chiffon - so pretty and it will go with everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts