Dressed Up Trackies



There is really nothing new about the idea of using a track pants pattern designed for knits made in a woven.  I have done it before and with this exact pattern.  It was so successful last time, I was always going to do it again. The fabric was the catalyst for this pair.  I bought this bengaline with my Style Arc Elle pants haul but found once I received it, that it was too light to be made in my chosen style.  Ahh the perils of buying fabric online!  It was though, a happy accident because my current pair of Papercut Anima pants were the result and these have already become firm favourites.


The bengaline has one way stretch and this particular piece of bengaline was not quite as stretchy as some of the others.  I cut them out to the pattern and in hindsight I should have added perhaps 5mm-1cm to the side seams for a little more ease as these are a little more firm than I would like, but they do fit thankfully.  I was planning on adding an elastic band to the hem but decided they would be more work friendly without.


I have already worn these several times to work.  They make fantastic autumn pants and the colour means they will work equally well with boots when the weather turns.  For now though, they get worn either with sandals as seen here or brogues depending on the weather.

Comments

  1. These look like excellent pants. Stylish and work appropriate without being boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some similar pants with the StyleArc Lola pattern. These look great and you've just given me an idea for how I can use some thin black bengaline I have!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts