Stylearc Ginger




I bought Stylearc Ginger because I am loving these wrap looking tops at the moment and this one being in a knit was a clear winner.  I may have lived to regret my decision however when I began to make this pattern up!  There is nothing wrong with it but the instructions really let it down and I may have lost some hair in the process of trying to nut out how the fronts went together.  It is a good thing then that I opted to make this out of some leftover fabric.


The fabric is a remnant of rayon knit leftover from this dress.  It is quite drapey which lends itself to a wrap top but I am not loving the results.  I am not sure whether I just interpreted the instructions wrong, but the seam at the front annoys me and the drape does not sit where it should.  That being said, I do like the cut of the top so will wear it but I am kind of on the fence about making more.

Comments

  1. Stylearc are not famous for their comprehensive instructions, that's for sure. Sorry to hear you are not loving this one. Your neckline looks quite a bit higher than the line drawing. Maybe this is affecting the crossover drape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually you could be right! This is where the lack of instructions comes in! Even experienced sewers need guidance from time to time.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jean Margaret about lack of detailed instructions from Stylearc. You are not the only sewer to have difficulty with this pattern, so don't lose heart. The end result looks fine, but you need to feel fine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might not be finished with this pattern yet! I am tempted to try Jean's suggestion of lowering the neckline and see if it helps.

      Delete
  3. Gosh you make so many clothes for yourself that look amazing. I am impressed with the pants you made. My problem is being a larger size with various bulgy bits, that I am often just not happy with the results. Not due to fit, but more the look I guess. Anyway - well done, very impressive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!

      The general consensus as far as I can tell is that no sewer is happy with the fit of the pants they make but then rtw dont fit at all well so really it is the lesser of the evils. Stylearc Elle though is very popular so that was a good place to start as far as I was concerned and I am happy enough not to feel the need to try other patterns at this point.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts