Black Pleather/Ponti Skirt




I had a rather large piece of ponti pleather left over from my ponti/pleather pants.  After seeing Stylearc's Charlie Stretch Woven Skirt, I decided that this was what my leftovers would become.  I didn't have the patience to wait for delivery of the pattern though and am also feeling a little guilty about the volume of sewing patterns currently making their way into my stash.  It was time to put pen to paper, or in my case Sharpie to plastic.



I started with my tnt Lindy Petal Skirt pattern which is a free pattern by Itch to Stitch.  The back and waistband were both used in my new skirt pattern.  Because of fabric limitations with the pleather, I added a strip of remnant ponti at the side back.  The yoke and pocket pieces were both traced from my jeans pattern.  I added faux front pockets and a faux fly front.



I finished the waist with elastic encased inside the waist band as per the Lindy Petal Skirt instructions.



I am really happy with the resulting skirt.  It was intended as a winter skirt but will also transition nicely into spring.








Comments

  1. You did a fantastic job on the skirt - I thought it was the Style Arc Charlie before I read your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I could have bought the Stylearc pattern but probably would have only made it once. It made more sense to just draft my own based on what I had.

      Delete
  2. Well done in working with what you've got (aka wielding a Sharpie) - the result looks great: very Charlie-like, and I love the contrast panels on the sides :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't have enough for either so it was more a matter of working with what I had.

      Delete
  3. I love this. I actually bought the Stylearc pattern and fabric set (also pleather, but not quite as shiny) a few months. It is next on my list. Did you make the top are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look really shiny doesn't it in the photos? In real life it isn't quite so much, thankfully! Yes I did make the top. It is a Burdastyle. You can read more about it:

      http://fabricepiphanies.blogspot.co.nz/2016/03/burdastyle-woven-tee.html

      Delete
  4. Great use of scraps - I really like your attention to detail where the back pockets are .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking skirt with lovely details. So clever to work with what you had to create your vision. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts