Burdastyle 06/2017 116



I am not usually one to make New Years resolutions but this year I have resolved to actually make Burdastyle patterns instead of buying the magazines and just reading them.  There are always patterns that I tag as projects but somehow they just never get made.  We are nearly two months into 2018 and so far this is my second project so I am doing quite well I feel.  I hope it continues.

Let me say before I go any further that I am still on the fence over this ongoing cold shoulder trend but I was still drawn to 06/2017 116 anyway.  I reasoned that it would come in useful on my annual beach holiday where my style seems to be much more relaxed.


I traced the pattern up to my usual Burdastyle 38, grading out to size 40 at the hips and found a remnant of rayon knit in my stash to make it in.


This was for the most part really quick to make up but it does run large!  When I tried it on I quickly realised that some drastic alterations were needed starting with raising the armholes.  Fortunately this was quite a simple fix and involved running the entire top in by a couple of centimetres which also helped with the armhole depth.  I then stitched the sleeves back in and finished the top.


I actually quite like the top as a beach top but my general feelings towards cold shoulder tops remain.  This one will probably be packed away until my next beach holiday.

Comments

  1. Hi Andrea

    Just letting you know that Cotura Fabrics is closing down by the end of March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I have been in and found out all the details. I am going to have to find another fabric source now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts