McCall's 7542 in Lace




McCall's 7542 is quickly becoming a favourite of mine.  I love the way it hangs on the body.  It is a snug fit but by no means a tight fit.  I can see this becoming quite the tnt pattern for all types of blouses.
My latest version of the pattern is made using a piece of synthetic lace bought from Cotura Fashions end of season sale.  From memory this fabric cost me only around $6 per metre.  

Unfortunately my Cotura bargains have come to an end because they have closed their fabric sales area and moved to another area of the city.  While has removed the stash enhancing temptation, I am really sad to see them go, they had some lovely bargains.


This top was super quick to construct and pretty much went together on the overlocker with hems stitched on my sewing machine.  I made a neck facing which I didn't interface because I didn't want it visible and finished it with a hook and eye closure.


This version has been finished for close to a month now and has been worn both to work and as you can see here also during Easter at Akaroa.  Would I make it again?  Yes, definitely but maybe not in the super long sleeved version.  I can see that being a safety hazard in all sorts of areas of my life!

Comments

  1. Such a nice top Andrea! I looks like a lovely fit around the shoulders and armholes - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my favourite bit Sheryll. I am really fussy with fit.

      Delete
  2. so pretty, love the color and fabric choice for those sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lace version of this top. So pretty! It was a very popular pattern in the USA when it came out and it is in my pattern stash. I need to add it to my spring sewing queue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good pattern this one. Well worth making up.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful top and that blue is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts