End of August Wrap Up







I know we are nearly at the end of September and my August wrap is now only being blogged, but friends I do have an excuse.  A few days after the end of August I flew out of New Zealand for a much anticipated holiday in New York.  New York is one of those places I have always wanted to visit and it didn't disappoint.  Because this is a sewing blog and not a travel blog, I won't go into details.  All of this travel, returning only last Friday and the ensuing jet lag (think an 8 hour time change) has meant that I am only now writing up what I made in August.  Hopefully I will find the energy to photograph the items I made to take away before October rolls around, but I wouldn't hold my breath!  I have quite the queue of makes to write up.  I was rather pleased with my pre holiday sewing efforts and even more pleased that everything I took with me got worn.  I hope to share it with you all soon!

End of August Wrap Up

Boiled Wool Grainline Morris
Pattern (used before) $0.00
Fabric $29.00
Total $29.00

Marc Jacobs Wool Jumper
Pattern (used before) $0.00
Fabric $18.00
Total $18.00

Kielo Wrap Dress
Pattern $21.15
Fabric $7.50
Total $28.65

Liberty Lantana V1387
Pattern $14.18
Fabric $54.72
Buttons $4.50
Total $73.40

Black Merino Tee
Patterns (used before) $0.00
Black merino $3.00
Patterned merino $23.00
Overlocker thread $54.00
Total $80.00

Total $229.05

Comments

  1. I'm glad you made it to NYC!!! I went for the first time this year and will definitely have to go back :)

    I really love that 1487 shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved New York! It was one of those bucket list places for me. I would love to go back one day but from New Zealand it is a very long trip.

      I love the 1487 shirt as well. I may make a summer version yet!

      Delete
  2. I loved seeing the boiled wool Morris - I have been on the fence with this pattern . I bought some knit to try it but also have some purple boiled wool . I wanted to make a long coat with wool , but I love in the SW - USA . Not much of a need for a long coat. So yours looks great & appeals to me !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many of these Morris Blazers and they are favourites. The others are all in ponte. If you do decide to make it, I found that hand stitching the facings down stopped dragging on the fronts which I and others seemed to have an issue with.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts