Black Ginger Jeans and Alexa/Monroe Mash Up

 Some patterns in my collection have been made so many times that they really don't warrant a blog post and I often wonder why I write about repeats but I do like to keep a catalogue of what I make so lets make this all about that lovely blossom then shall we!

My latest pair of Ginger Jeans came about because of need.  My Your Closet wardrobe app on my phone tells me my previous pair were worn 70 times.  I am not sure which came first the app or the jeans so it could well have been more.  They are starting to get a little thin in the seat so really should be relegated to at home pants just in case of any wardrobe malfunctions.

The fabric my replacements were made of is a lovely denim that I think was part of my Italian denim purchase when I visited Tessuti Fabrics in Sydney last year.  It has a slight coating and a small amount of stretch.  My pattern has been adjusted to include all my regular adjustments; adjusted back yoke to take into account my sway back and a knock knee adjustment.  Like my previous pairs, the button and rivets were sourced from Aliexpress.

While I am playing catch up with repeats, I made one more merino top which was worn regularly over the cooler months.  This one was from lovely striped merino from The Fabric Store.  I used Tessuti Alexa for the pattern and adapted the neckline to add Tessuti Monroe turtleneck.  This mash up has been somewhat of a tnt for me this past winter.  The top was mostly constructed on the overlocker with the hems finished on my coverstitch.


Popular Posts