Closet Case Pietra Pants





After finishing my Pietra shorts, it didn't take long before I wanted a pair of pants as well.  I don't wear a lot of skirts and dresses in the weekend and a light weight pair of casual pants were on my wish list.  I already had the fabric in my stash that had been sourced from Lincraft at the end of last summer.  I had two pieces of linen in my stash that had been bought with pants in mind.  Little did I know that Closet Case would release their Pietra pattern in the northern hemisphere summer.  I decided to make up the blue pair first. 


I haven't compared the two patterns but I think the pants may have a slightly different draft to the shorts.  I shortened the rise just like I had with the shorts, but for some reason the back view just didn't do it for me.  I removed the invisible zip that I had carefully put into the pants and took as much width out of the back of the pants as I could without them looking ridiculous.  I had previously removed some of the width from the front as well since I had no need for these to pull on.  While I still don't love the back view of these pants, this improved them a lot.  I think for my next pair, I will alter the crotch curve a bit so that the gathers sit a little more evenly.


Now, while I appear to be quite critical here, I really do love the front of these pants so consider it worthwhile tinkering with the fit at the back.  I have a bit of a love hate relationship with linen (the wrinkles, sigh) but because it is lovely and cool to wear, I am willing to overlook the downsides with linen pants.  These have become somewhat of a staple in my weekend wardrobe so I really must get on and make up the second pair.  First though, my daughter has put in an order for another pair of Pietra shorts!


Comments

  1. your pants look great, lovely color. I made that version as well and also found they were a bit too wide at the back waist. Playing around with the pattern now to remove all the elastic and change them to a zipper opening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I just wish now I had bought better quality linen because these do bag out badly with wear! I can confirm though that removing some of the fullness and adding the zip was a really good option.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts