Papercut Axis Dress

 


I have had Papercut Axis Dress for a year or two now.  I had a little buying spree when a sale came up and it sat in my collection just waiting on the right fabric to pop up in my stash.  I actually didn't think I had any until recently when I remembered a piece of light weight suiting that my Mum destashed and sent my way. It was the perfect weight and I really liked the colour so I figured it would make the perfect wearable toile.



I actually only had two metres of the fabric but it was reasonable wide at around 160cm so with a bit of pattern manipulation and a seam in the ties, I managed to eek the A line version out of my piece.  Sometimes being petite really does have benefits!

The dress really was a pretty quick make.  I had actually planned on waiting until next summer for this project because I don't know how much wear I am going to get out of a strappy sundress going forward but I figured, it would have been a forgotten project by spring and there was nothing in my queue to be made, so it was meant to be.  I did end up making a couple of attempts at the invisible zip.  Invisible zips do tend to be my nemesis, no matter how much experience I have.



So would I make this again?  Yes, I think I would!  I think though I would make it in perhaps a linen and go up a size for a more relaxed fit.  In this fabric it does rather wrinkle, no more than linen though,  and I did not think about that fact when I packed it for my holiday.  There was no iron available at the eco lodge I was staying at so I just had to embrace the wrinkles, please excuse them and if it does bother you, just look past me at the absolutely stunning view of Aoraki/Mt Cook.



A little bit about the background in these photos because well, in New Zealand we have been lucky enough to have all of these beautiful spots to ourselves for the last two years,  but now we are flinging open the doors and you are all invited back.  Everyone who has ever been to the South Island of New Zealand will no doubt have a photo in their collection of Lake Pukaki with Aoraki Mt Cook in the background (if you were lucky enough to be there on a clear day).  There is a little hidden gem just up the hill called Lakestone Lodge.  It is an eco lodge and therefore no services are connected (except the internet).  Don't for one minute think this place has anything to do with roughing it though!  Not only are the views to die for, but the entire place is absolutely stunning. If you are looking for relaxing break with a little bit of pampering and great food, then this is definitely your place.  Please note, this post and our stay is in no way sponsored, just my opinion on our stay.


So, given that we were staying at an eco lodge, which for me was a new experience, I shouldn't have been surprised by no iron.  Oh well, who wants to iron on holiday anyway!

Comments

Popular Posts