Burdastyle Blouse in Linen

 


I have rather a large collection of Burdastyle magazines that I have never made any of the patterns out of.  I have decided that this spring and summer, rather than buy new patterns I am going to try and use what I have. 


Minerva donated me this lovely linen in exchange for a blog post and I instantly knew it would become a blouse of some description because that is pretty much my go to for most occasions.  It is reasonable light weight so leant itself to either a floaty skirt, dress or a blouse.  I am a big fan of all things boho so I fancied something along these lines.  I could have made a pattern I have made before but decided to have a look through my Burdastyle collection and see if something jumped out at me and something did! 




 I decided upon Burdastyle 08/2018 103 which is described as "the wardrobe choice you will pick from your closet over and over!  The A line cut of the blouse features a rounded neckline and a striking print that works for the office and is an eye-catcher anytime." I did change the sleeves slightly by shortening them to my preferred 3/4 length and gathering into a bias binding.  I also narrowed the side seams slightly because I felt it was quite oversized on me.


I didn't have any suitable buttons in my collection so picked up these pretty shank buttons from Toms Emporium for 20 cents each which is an absolute bargain!


I love the way the blouse turned out.  It was quite a simple make which actually took me ages because life is rather getting in the way of sewing at the moment but I am hoping it will settle down shortly.  I love the fabric.  Linen can be a bit of a pain because of the wrinkling but this fabric is so soft that it falls into a lovely worn in wrinkling as opposed to crisp wrinkles like my trousers.  Will I make this pattern again?  I think I will but for now I really only need one.



Comments

  1. Dear Andrea, just beautiful! Great color and nice quality fabric. So glad you posted; I was wondering what you are sewing. Long time blog reader. Wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts