I was feeling a little bored with my current skirt collection, so went on the hunt for a new pattern. I really like full skirts but feel that they don't necessarily like me. My compromise was a full A line skirt. I had been eyeing up New Look 6873 in my collection for a while. I had already made the shorts and the skirt pattern caught my eye. Initially I was
going to buy Sewaholic's version but opted instead to save my money and use what I had.
The fabric I chose was this nice burnt orange linen from this op shop fabric haul, bought for an impressive $2.00 for the entire piece.
I cut the skirt to size 10 but found it really big and sat way too low on my hips. I took it in so that it sat just below my natural waistline. Because the fabric is such an unusual colour, I did struggle with the colour of the zip and lining, but in the end just had to go with the peach zip and orange lining. Fortunately the lining is not visible and the zip insertion couldn't have gone better, so it is barely noticeable. It was one of the occasions when everything was going right. If only every project was quite that straight forward. My latest project included!