Vibrant Summer Florals



This is my second official make of 2014.  I still have one more 2013 post to write up, but for the life of me can't find the photos I took of it on the weekend.  I suspect they are on Courteney's camera and it is at home and I am still using the wifi at the pool.  February 14 is roll over day and I can't wait.  This is wearing very thin!

It should come as no surprise that my second make of 2014, also utilizes the lovely colourful floral stretch cotton fabric that I made Courteney's shorts out of.  This fabric was always destined to become a pencil skirt.  

Once again using V1247 in my redrafted pencil form, I have made a skirt I really like.  I was tempted to make a dress out of the fabric because after making the shorts I ended up with a very generous offcut.  This print is however extremely busy and I felt a skirt was a better choice.  

I lined the skirt so it didn't stretch out too much.  I did consider buying a length of orange or beige bemsilk lining but had a lot of baby blue satin lining in my stash and given that there is blue in the skirt, I went with blue.  The zip and button were also from my stash so all in all this was a very economical skirt to make.  Best of all, I still have a small amount left over.  Now I wonder if I have enough to squeeze out a pair of shorts for myself!



Comments

  1. Very nice skirt. Have you ever made the top from this pattern. I have it out to sew next, but am becoming uncertain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have and really like the shape of it but it does run large and the neckline is big. You can see mine at http://fabricepiphanies.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/first-aid-required.html and http://fabricepiphanies.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/vogue-1247-revisited.html

      Delete
  2. Very pretty pencil skirt. Looks lovely with a solid colour top. You are really making the most from this length of fabric. Look forward to seeing your shorts too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a TNT pattern for you now! It does look marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The only trouble with TNT patterns is they aren't the most exciting to make up!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts