Vogue DKNY Dress



I made yet another new dress.  This one has been patiently waiting for a year since I bought the fabric and pattern.  You may recognise the fabric!  After my failed dress which incidentally never got worn, and has since been shortened to a tee, I bought another length of the same fabric and with this dress in mind.  I am glad I finally got there because I really like this dress in this fabric.

The fabric is a stable rayon spandex with the feel of cotton.  The pattern I chose is yet another Vogue, Vogue 1194, a DKNY pattern.  I am quite partial to DKNY patterns.  This one is out of print now unfortunately.



I cut the dress to size 10 as per usual but feel I could have gone down to an 8.  It is a little more relaxed than the photo on the cover but still comfortable to wear.  The only change I made to the dress was to raise the V neck by 2.5cm as in it's original form it was not at all work friendly.



I hemmed both the sleeves and the skirt with my coverstitch machine because I am determined to come to grips with using it.  Now that I have a brand new sewing space, I have no such excuse as 'no place to use it'!



I would definitely make this again and may even do so in merino for next winter.

Comments

  1. Great dress. The style and colors of the fabric look wonderful on you . I am definitely going to check my pattern stash to see if I have this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the twisted belt in this pattern, it is a little different.

      Delete
  2. Great match of pattern and fabric. Your dress is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great dress - really nice details, but still comfortable and work friendly. I think it would be pretty awesome made up in merino too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a winner every way you look at it! It is official, The Fabric Store is opening this month and I could be dangerous!

      Delete
  4. Lovely. I am kicking myself for not having this pattern, it looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! The pattern may still be available in out of print.

      Delete
  5. Hi Andrea, I love this dress beautiful and the color is perfect. Wanted to know if podrias spend the mold or if I can find some online site. A hug from Buenos Aires, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this pattern! And I SO need to make it - but I'm moving on to spring/summer sewing now. Definitely for next winter - yours is so very beautiful. And the fit is divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You could still use this pattern for spring or summer, just shorten or remove the sleeves.

      Delete
  7. Great dress and yes, make it in merino. The drape will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must remember to do that in autumn but knowing me, I will have moved on by then!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts