Cocoon In Red
My end of winter procurement visit to Cotura Fashions a couple of weeks back, netted 5 varied pieces of knit fabric, one of which was a lovely red piece of poly lycra sweater knit. I envisaged for it a cocoon cardigan like Jalie 3353. For one cardigan though, I could not justify the cost of a new pattern and if I am completely honest I was not 100% sold on the actual shape either. I decided to Frankenpattern another Jalie to get the desired shape.
I started with Jalie 3352 which is a recent make of mine. I like the gentle shaping in this pattern and also that it has separate sleeves making it less of a fabric hog.
I cut the front on the fold and removed 4cm from each side of the centre front. I then split my front up the middle and reshaped the neckline to a gentle V, and the front hem also to a gentle curve. I then cut two 12cm bands which I joined together forming one long band and placed the seams at both the shoulders and side hem seam allowances. To keep with the band theme I also added bands to the sleeves.
I am really happy with how this worked out and if I can find some more suitable fabric I will definitely make another.