With holidays looming, shorts were on my must have list. I have a total of one pair that actually fit. The pattern would be a no brainer but fabric choice was the difficult part. I tend to make shorts out of leftovers from previous projects and this pair was no exception. The fabric I used for this pair was leftover from my Thurlow Capris from last year.
I didn't actually have quite enough fabric so a piece of white cotton duck out of my stash was used for the waistband and fly facing. I was just able to squeeze out belt tabs and had to be a little miserly with the pocket facing.
For the pocket bags I cut up an old valance. The zip was also rescued from old trousers and matched the brown spots. The buttons which surprisingly are a perfect match, were also rescued off an unloved garment.
I cut the shorts, Thurlows, to a size 4, but ended up running them in at the sides a lot. Next time I will make a size 2.
All in all this project cost me nothing. I think they are set to become firm favourites.