Stash Busting Morris Number Two
Meet my second Grainline Morris Blazer. Once again, I shopped my stash and came up with another piece of ponti sourced at the op shop. This piece has been gathering dust for several years so it is nice to finally find a use for it. It was a really small piece at around one metre which necessitated some planning.
Once again I omitted the centre back seam but this time I took the actual seam into account when cutting it. Due to my sway back I cut the jacket slightly offsquare making it narrower at the centre back hip. I interfaced the front facings with stretch iron on interfacing and carefully slip stitched the facings to the front. I say carefully because unlike my last jacket which was a marl, this fabric showed every stitch if I wasn't careful.
I didn't bother with the sleeve facings, instead just turning and hemming. I added extra length to the sleeves to enable me to do this. Because of my lack of fabric, I had to cut the sleeves in two pieces. I added a seam to my sleeve about 15cm from the cuff and top stitched it to look like a design feature.
I love this jacket and it has seamlessly fitted into my wardrobe. It will be just as useful as an extra layer for the spring.