Toucan Two Piece




When Courteney first showed me what she was planning on making for Joel's birthday, my first reaction was I didn't want to be seen with him if he was going to wear them together.  I thought the outfit was designed as a bit of a joke but less than a day later, I began to see others wearing the same sort of outfit.  The one though, that actually convinced me this was a new trend, was one of the judges on Project Runway NZ.  He was wearing a similar outfit in just as loud a print.


Courteney went ahead with her plans using some Toucan printed fabric she bought at Spotlight.  For the patterns she chose True Bias Hudson pants and Thread Theory Fairfield Button Up.  Both of these patterns she had made before so she knew that the fit would work.  The Hudson pants are designed for knits so to ensure they fitted in a woven, she simply sized up.


Joel is quite a confident young man and wearing such an out there outfit, doesn't faze him in the slightest.  Fortunately they will work quite well in his wardrobe separately because this is one of those trends that I don't think will be around for long.


Comments

Popular Posts