The Sewing Revival Sidewinder Pants



Sometimes the lure of a bargain sees me pick up fabric from the sale tables that would be best described as 'seemed like a good idea at the time'.  Sometimes these bargains get passed on to other people, sometimes I make them up for other people but they often also come in handy for wearable muslins.  Such is the case with this piece of stretch crepe that I picked up in exactly this situation.  The fabric that I made these Sidewinder Pants by The Sewing Revival has lovely drape but does feel a bit synthetic.

I had actually muslined this pattern before, in a less drapey light weight moleskin.  The muslin was a complete disaster in part due to my fabric choice.  I didn't even finish the muslin and then moved on to other projects.  I decided during lock down that it really did deserve a second chance.   I really like the way those seams wind around the legs.  



I chose my size based on my measurements and ran them up in an afternoon and what do you know, they fit!  I really like the flat front but I did find the pockets gaped which is a gripe I often have with pockets on any pants. To fix it, I simply stitched them up.  If I was to make these pants again, I would have to figure out how to attach them to the front seam somehow to avoid this.

Do I like the finished pants?  Well, they have potential but I think the rise is a bit low for me.  If I was to make them again, I think I may just go up a size to give a little more ease and rise, especially if I was to use a non stretch fabric.



Pattern $16.50
Fabric $16.00
Elastic (from stash) $0.00
Total $32.50

Comments

Popular Posts