Tees, Yes Please!


















Tees are the work horses in my wardrobe.  They are worn constantly in the weekend and after work and  some of them even get worn to work when I am being completely clever with my styling. It is no surprise then, that a fresh batch are added to my wardrobe each season.

This year, my tees of choice are made from a lovely brushed back cotton lycra that Courteney picked up from the sale table at Fabric Vision.  These two fabrics must have been extremely popular and snapped up quickly because I never saw them there.

The pattern I chose was Tessuti Alexa which is one of my favourites for a basic tee.  I have lost count of the number I have made.  It is a lot, because my pattern pieces are now so tatty I am having trouble using my pins with them.  I really must print another copy.  



I finished the hems on both of the tees with my coverstitch machine and I added a row of topstitching to the neckline.  I think the stripe matching was the biggest part of making these tees.  

I am pretty happy with how they worked out.  They are both in neutral colours so will blend into my autumn/winter wardrobe seamlessly.

Comments

Popular Posts