McCall's 7542 in Linen




















Each time I visit The Fabric Store, the remnant bin draws me in, a bit like a moth to the light.  There are so many good bargains to be had, despite not needing any of them.  I go into the shop with good intentions of buying only what I need and leave with far more than any person would ever need.  Linen has been my weakness of late and I have built up quite a few nice pieces of remnant linen, most of which will have to wait until next summer now.

Blush pink has been doing the rounds in rtw for a couple of seasons now and while I do like the shade, for the most part it really doesn't like me.  Does that stop me?  No it does not!  My most flattering pink would be a hot pink not a pastel shade.  This particular piece of linen was less than a metre and has some heft.  One thing I have very little of in my wardrobe is plain tops so I think I may have had this in mind when I added this particular piece of fabric to my stash.



A particular favourite top of mine is McCalls 7542.  I have made a couple of versions now.  I really like the fit of this one.  It has bust darts and a gentle hint of waist shaping which plays well with my pear/hourglass shape.  It is a modern shape without being boxy.



I had just enough of my remnant linen to make the top up, a little longer than the pattern allows for, but not enough for any frills or flounces.  The facings also needed to be made with white cotton poplin from my stash.



While the resulting top is not wowing me, its simplicity will fit in nicely and work with so many other items in my wardrobe.

Pink Linen Top
Pattern (used before) $0.00
Fabric $7.00
Total $7.00

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts