Hacked Raglan in Italian Wool


After the success of my last hack of my raglan, I decided to take the pattern to the next level and redraft the pattern completely to include all of my changes, and yes there were a few!  I needed the pattern to be a bit looser so added 1.5cm to each side seam, grading out at the sleeve cuff.  I also raised the neckline 3cm to accommodate the stand up neck band, making it smaller than my last version.  I then cut the hem to suit my requirements and make it match the red version I had freehand cut earlier.

The fabric I chose is Italian wool knit that my daughter bought at The Fabric Store.  They are alwa
ys so generous with their cuts to allow for shrinkage, that with a bit of careful pattern placement, there is generally some left over to do something with.  This was certainly the case with this piece of fabric.  Their was just enough for my latest raglan iteration with very little left over.


Because I had now, perfected my pattern, this version was really quick to run up, even accounting for my head scratching over the mitered corners on the hem.


I think the top, in this grey colourway will be a very useful item in my winter wardrobe.  It does crease a bit, as evidenced in these photos so not really suitable for long car trips but a staple in my wardrobe none the less.  This one could well become part of my work wardrobe for the remainder of the winter.

Pattern (used before) $0.00
Fabric (gifted) $0.00
Total $0.00

Comments

Popular Posts