A Scrap Busting Sweatshirt


I recently had a bit of a sort out in my fabric stash and realised that a lot of what I have in there is actually left over from other projects.  None of these pieces are large enough to make anything on their own and because I have no little people in my life I will have to be creative to use these pieces up.  It was with this in mind that I bought Stylearc Carlsson Sweater at one of their recent online sales.  I have seen a few of these made up and really liked the possibilities for colour blocking.

I chose my 3 fabrics for my wearable muslin and spent quite a bit of time trying to work out which panels would be in which fabric.  You would think at this point, the project would be pretty quick to make up but this was not the case.  After a quick try on I realised that this top is very oversized which although very on trend is absolutely not my style. 

Rather than unpick my lovely topstitched and overlocked seams, I took to them with the scissors after unpicking the hem band.  I went down at least one size overall and also removed some length from the yoke.  Cutting it with scissors rather took care of that anyway!

Even with the unpicking and recutting, this top was finished in an afternoon and I am really happy with how it turned out.  I did however thrown my pattern in the bin because if I should make this one again, I will print it off in a smaller size.


Popular Posts