A Very Cold Weekend Without Any Sport......
.
Because it is the middle weekend of the school holidays and the kids have no sport I thought it was the ideal time to start another reupholstery project. It is freezing cold here and today, it is trying hard to snow but as yet not settled on the ground...much to the kids disgust! I must admit, if it has to be this cold it may as well snow. We don't get snow very often, maybe one day in every two to three years. My sister moved to Dunedin after 11 years in Melbourne in January last year with her 4 children who had never seen snow. Until today they had not seen snow in New Zealand either so today was very exciting for them, and it is coming this way! Anyway, I digress! .
.
Since my husband was also stuck inside the house I was able to rope him into the project as well, a good thing since I struggle to operate the staple gun...creativity is a strength of mine, not brute force! I bought this chair on Trademe nearly a year ago now. It is a very good quality chair as I found out when deconstructing it but it had a couple of bleach stains on the cover and wasn't my colour at all, but it is super comfy and looks good at my desk which is also one of my upcycling projects picked up on Trademe (if I find a picture of it before I will put it up).
.
I am really pleased with the final result. I love the red and it matches the painting on the wall which is another creation of mine. I must admit other than sewing the piping and shaping on the cushion, I was really only quality control on this one and my husband can take the rest of the credit...didn't he do well!

Comments

  1. Superb work by your husband, and the new red upholstery looks just gorgeous against your fabulous painting! How nice that your talents are combining so well to decorate your house so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We crafters can turn our hand to just about anything. I was lucky enough to get the fabric for $20 for 54 metre roll which had been water damaged. Fortunately the water stain just washed out. I now have my sights set on a wing back chair I picked up second hand so cutting our teeth on a much simpler project was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts