Here in New Zealand it is school holiday time which means not a lot of time for sewing. I don't mind though as with my children growing rapidly and developing their own interests, I realise that the time I have left with them is limited and I need to make every holiday break count.
.
Every winter when it is cold, we try to make a trip to Hanmer Springs. It is nice to sit in a cafe, in front of a roaring fire when the snow is fluttering outside the window. Hanmer Springs is mostly famous for its thermal hot springs so we spend a lot of time soaking in the hot water and gazing at the snow capped mountains. This trip was not so much about the snow as the winter thus far has been very mild, so a picnic of fish and chips was more the order of the day but it was still gorgeous looking at the snowing caps on the mountains and spending time with the kids.

Comments

Popular Posts