A Blast From The Past....

How cool is this caravan?

Today we went and drooled over some seriously cool and seriously expensive caravans and motorhomes at the Caravan and Motorhome show.  My youngest asked me why we were going, because we apparently "will only want to buy something we can't afford"....out of the mouths of babes!  He was quite right.  The $150,000 price tag of some was a little rich for this girls budget but it did sew the seed for upgrading our own caravan.

The caravan above was circa 1969.  This is a replica caravan that has now being reproduced for the market.  It was so cool and even had purple and black upholstery.  It reminded me of those American caravans you see in the movies.  I had to get my husband to take the photo quick before the lady who was selling them noticed.

Today's dress was made a couple of summers ago using Simplicity 2579.  It is made in lightweight blue cotton with beige embroidery.  I love this fabric and this dress.  It is very easy to wear.  While this dress is not quite as vintage as this caravan, because it is now a couple of summers old it is being relegated this year to casual status.

Comments

  1. What a lovely dress. I love downgrading my good dresses, a perfectly good excuse for sewing up something new and glamorous, yes? And a very cool caravan too, I adore those "bulbous" shaped ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts