A Breath Of Fresh Air


Okay, so this probably wasn't the best choice of dress to wear on a blustery day, but it is nice to have a warm day to try out some lighter layers.  I have admired this dress since I saw it on Leith of Sew Brunswick.  I have had it in my collection for quite a while and had in mind a completely different piece of fabric for it.  One day while shopping my own fabric, I stumbled across this lovely piece of green tee shirting knit from this op shop fabric haul and although not a lycra as suggested on the pattern, I had to give it a go.

I cut the pattern, Vogue 1027 to a size 10 as this seems to work best on me even though the measurements on the pattern say otherwise.  The only change I made was to cut 10cm off the length.  This dress is quite long and I prefer a shorter dress for summer.

I am really pleased I took the risk with this fabric because this style works in tee shirting knit and I like the results so much I may even make it up again in my original choice of fabric.  The wrap front has plenty of coverage and the mock tie belt just adds something to an otherwise simple dress.  I can see this dress getting plenty of wear although probably on a less windy day.


Comments

  1. It looks fantastic Andrea! No wonder you want to make another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! being t shirting it will be my go to dress I think.

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely. Beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the perfect spring dress and that colour looks lovely on you. I've had that pattern in my stash for a while too - I think it might be time to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a quick and easy project.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colour and great style on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is lovely coloured fabric and the best part is, I have some left over!

      Delete
  5. Great dress! I've had my eye on this pattern for awhile, but have yet to pick it up. It's nice to see it in a different sort of fabric. It looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am really impressed with this pattern so I recommend it.

      Delete
  6. So pretty, fresh and summery! This will fit beautifully in your wardrobe; I've noticed you have a few green items in your collection. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very pretty dress, one of my favourite colours. I have this pattern in my stash and I really need to make it up after seeing yours and the one on Sew Brunswick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never used to be a fan of vogue patterns but successes like this have me a convert

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty summery color. It looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It does makea pleasant change from black!

      Delete
  9. Very pretty! I like the color, and the fit looks really nice on you. I'm glad the non-lycra fabric worked out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. At least now I know I don't need to be so choosie at the fabric shop with this pattern.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts