Sunshine And Daisies

 
I am looking a little serious today, aren't I.  The truth is, I was probably more interested in staring at the sky than taking photos of myself today.  You see at 10.30am, I noticed that I needed to turn on the lights, despite the fact that the sun was shining.  I realised that I had forgotten about the eclipse.  I whipped my camera outside to take photos of the strange light that ensued and in the process, snapped this photo as well.
 
 
And this is what the sun looked like mid eclipse.  It did mean that it wasn't too bright for full sunlight blog photos...bargain!

Today I am wearing my first version of Sewaholic's Alma blouse.  Another reason for the serious pose may be the fact that this blouse is a little on the large size.  I made it to a size 10 as my measurements dictated but it wasn't until after I completed it that I realised that there is a huge amount of ease in this pattern and that I would have been better to go down a couple of sizes.  This American sizing takes some getting my head around.  My size 10 New Zealand sizing is very different to American size 10.  The fact that I can take it off without undoing the side invisible zipper should have been a give away that all was not well with the sizing.   Any ho, it is rather lucky really that this fabric is quite sheer and can actually take a larger size...phew!  Note to self....draft American sizing at least two sizes smaller.

Any ho, sizing issues aside, this is how I did it.  I bought some bargain bin (luckily in this instance) cotton voile type fabric from Lincraft in this gorgeous orange, and this became my blouse.  The white collar fabric was a tiny remnant left over from this skirt. 

The verdict...will I wear this blouse?  The answer is yes!  Despite being disappointed in the fact that it is too big, I do rather like it and being large does make it easy to wear.  Will there be more?  Yup for sure!  In fact, there is one on my mannequin right now!

Comments

  1. It's a lovely pattern and I love your fabric but I have to say that I had the exact same experience. I thought I'd finally got a grip on pattern sizing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought I had it sussed as well but it seems not!

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty top. Looking forward to seeing the next version too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do like this pattern despite the problems.

      Delete
  3. I've just made the same top - just need to hem it. It's rayon. Ugh not fun to hem!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts