Coral Archer



There is a theme beginning to emerge in my spring wardrobe in the form of this coral colour.

When I bought this rayon fabric from Cotura Fashions last year, I envisioned exactly Grainline Archer for it's use.  My vision hasn't altered in the last twelve months.






I noticed in the previous spotted version, that the yoke didn't sit quite as I would like it due to what I thought of, as my square shoulders, so for this version I raised them by 1cm.  It isn't a drastic change but does look better I feel. Other than that, the Archer was made as instructed.



I love this pattern, I have to say, despite my being a late comer to the party both with the pattern and button up shirts in general.  I am not really a fan of masculine silhouettes but have adapted to shirts due to practicality and good looks and have discovered that in the right fabric they don't have to look masculine at all!






Will there be more?  Definitely, in fact I have just purchased a piece of fabric to make one more!



Because of inclement weather mentioned in my last post, this is what I wore to my daughters graduation.  The lace Belcarra has also been worn out to dinner but I am yet to wear the two pieces together.

Comments

  1. Such a pretty and feminine Archer. I must try making an Archer in a rayon. The whole outfit is lovely and you are doing a great job creating a mix and match wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't usually sew with a plan so this is uncharted territory for me.

      Delete
  2. I love your blouse. It's a gorgeous colour. Your work is wonderful.
    You look so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do try to look stylish but don't want a wardrobe full of impractical garments either. It is a delicate balancing act sometimes.

      Delete
  3. This colour is gorgeous and I LOVE your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love these shoes as well. They are a little higher than I would normally wear so don't actually get out as often as I would like.

      Delete
  4. You are creating a brilliant coordinated wardrobe here. I'm sure I'm the only blogger not to make an archer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I think this may be my favourite colour of the season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts