Lace Belcarra




Now that I had my sizing, I was keen to make up Sewaholic's
Belcarra in 
my 'real' fabric. I chose   piece of black  lace from Cotura Fashions which I intended to back in coloured satin.  The satin was to match the shoes I am wearing in the above picture.  I love these shoes but don't have much to wear with them unfortunately.  Matching the fabric to my shoes proved to be difficult to say the least but I feel my shopping frustrations are very much justified with the resulting match.

The neckline on my Citrus Belcarra was still a little wide so for this version, I added 1cm at the shoulders only.



The fit on this top, I have to say, is spot on and this will now become my template for further versions.

Comments

  1. I love the simplicity of this pattern but it is very flattering.all your versions look so different with the various fabrics no-one would know it was the same pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly what I like in a good pattern! It is cost effective and able to be made multiples of times.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I made a Belcarra up and needed to change the size and the neckline as well. I must get on to that! Also I loved that you started with your shoes and matched your fabric. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually easier that way! I love the shoes so am determined to get maximum wear from them.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fit and I love that you matched your top to your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The shoes need more wear hence my decision.

      Delete
  4. Another great top - I love the colour through the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really nice! I like the simple pared-back style too, very chic. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The older I get the more I gravitate to simpler styles.

      Delete
  6. This post just proves my point. Love your blog and fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts