Lindy Petal Skirt





A while before Christmas I happened to be in The Fabric Store looking for something else altogether when I came across this ponte type knit in a lovely burgundy blue and white print.  I can't remember if it was DKNY or  Marc Jacobs as I know they stock both fabrics regularly but I did immediately grabbed the roll as I knew it would make a lovely modified Lindy Petal Skirt by Itch to Stitch.  As much as I don't need another skirt, these skirts are staples in my work wardrobe.

As is my normal practice with this pattern, I cut two backs instead of two fronts and one back as the pattern instructs.  I even have a healthy supply of the right width elastic for this pattern so no further effort was required.


I am really pleased with the skirt.  Unlike a lot of ponte this one has an almost scuba feel and great recovery.  Maybe I should go back and buy it in the other colour way.

Comments

Popular Posts