New Look 6446 Jumpsuit



After the success of my Papercut Sierra Playsuit, I was keen to make another but this time a little longer in the leg.  I do know from sewing for myself over the years, that anything that is not fitted or at least semi fitted does not suit my hourglass/pear type shape.  I must have an accentuated waist because of my generous hips to balance out my frame.  I also find I need to make a size larger on my bottom half than my bust and waist.



I was rather taken with New Look 6446, having seen a few pop up on my Insta feed.  I liked the shape of the jumpsuit and also the sundress held promise if the pants suit didn't work out.  I ordered the pattern from Pattern Postie, I think, just before Christmas and waited patiently for it to arrive.  I had plans to wear it on Christmas day which although a sit down meal with my family and my mother and sister and her family, it is quite a casual affair that often includes kids swimming in the pool and a bit of backyard cricket, nothing fancy, just your average southern hemisphere summers Christmas Day.



I had in my stash, a lovely cotton pin stripe with an embroidered 

floral pattern on it.  I bought it way back when I first started blogging so it probably is around 7-8 years old.  It was well and truly time it was made up!  It also was the perfect weight to make pants from.




I fully lined the bodice of my jumpsuit with some cotton poplin that was in my stash and from memory, because this was before Christmas, and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, the fitting was quite simple and other than a few tweaks the pants suit fit me straight out of the packet.




I did come a little unstuck on Christmas Day because the day was not quite as warm as is usual for the time of year.  I abandoned all plans of wearing it but did throw it in my bag when I went to Kaiteriteri on holiday and this is where these photos were taken.



Would I make this pattern up again?  Yes, I think I would.  While I don't have the need for a second jumpsuit, I am quite keen to make the sundress version.

Comments

  1. that is so cute - I really like New Look patterns they come up with a lot of styles I would like to make. Lovely photos too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts