A Scrap Busting Stylearc Courtney




After my last two posts, you may be wondering about my sudden bout of sewing bad luck.  I can assure you that all is actually well in my sewing world and there have been far more successes than disasters.  My latest top is case in point.  This top has been finished for a few months now, in fact, before Christmas.  I haven't had a chance to photograph it because it hasn't seen much use since it was finished because it has been just too hot to wear.

One thing I do lack in my wardrobe is tops in solid colours so the latest addition will definitely be in regular rotation as the weather cools.  It is made from silk, linen, poly blend that was left over from my Grainline Archer.  It is quite a thick and spongy fabric and not necessarily very drapey so works well for transeasonal wear.  I had just enough for a Stylearc Courtney top.  I have made this before, but can't for the life of me work out what I did with my pattern so the making of this top involved the purchasing of a new one, aargh!



Because this pattern was not new to me, it was quick to make up.  I am not entirely happy with the finish on the rolled hem which was not easy to do due to the fabrics lack of pliability but it will be largely tucked anyway so I am not too bothered.  I will just have to make sure I get dressed in the dark!

Comments

Popular Posts