Floral Rayon Self Drafted Top


Autumn brings with it some funny weather at times.  Early this morning we had a heavy dew and I needed to wear a jacket for my walk around the park but by mid afternoon when I finally put my head out the door it was 30 degrees celcius.  This is when layers really come into their own.  My latest top is one such layer and it works with so many things in my wardrobe.



I was in Spotlight with Courteney one day before Christmas and while I was waiting, which I seem to do a lot at Spotlight, my attention was drawn to the remnant bin and in particular a 1 metre length of rayon in the gorgeous subdued floral print.  I bought it planning to make an Ogden Cami.  Over the passage of time though, I changed my mind.  I felt a shell top was more practical for me especially for work, where I wouldn't wear a cami unless it was covered by a jacket or cardigan.



Last year I drafted my own shell top and this became my go to pattern for this top.  I used a piece of white cotton poplin for the facing.  Because the pattern was self drafted it went together super quickly.



I have to say, I love this top.  My linen jacket that I made about 5-6 years ago now has been a bit of an orphan in recent years but it now is on regular rotation.  This top fits really well into my early autumn wardrobe for days, just like today.

Comments

Popular Posts