Closet Case Morgan Jeans


 Closet Case Morgan Jeans had been on my wish list for quite some time and when they had a sale, I was really quick to buy them.  It did however take quite a while to get these to the top of my to make queue but in January, while refreshed from an enforced sewing hiatus, in the form of a summer holiday, I made them up. 


The fabric I chose was bought at Tessuti Fabrics last year when I was fortunate enough to spend a shopping weekend in Sydney.  From memory the denim is Italian and is of the same excellent quality that Tessuti is renown for.




With the Morgan jeans pattern, I really should have made a muslin but muslining jeans is very tedious and because I had success with Closet Case Ginger Jeans even straight out of the packet, I made the risky decision just to dive straight in.  Fortunately in this instance my decision paid off.  The only alteration I made was to take a considerable wedge out of the centre back seam.  I may have narrowed the legs slightly as well but really only made the usual fitting adjustments.  Next time I make these, and yes there will be a next time, I will add the width I took out of the back seam back into the side seams because they are a little narrow at the back, if I am being completely fussy.


I have to say, these are now my favourite jeans. I am completely a high waist jeans convert after making these!  Maybe I need to plan another trip to Sydney so I can buy some more of their lovely denim!


Comments

Popular Posts