Inari Tee Dress Take Two



I made my first Named Inari Tee Dress last year, but was never quite happy with it.  I chose a crushed linen for my first version and it never sat quite right.  Rather than abandon the pattern altogether, I thought it only fair to make it in a fabric that was a little easier to work with and that is how my latest version came about.



A few weeks ago, I was rearranging my fabric stash so that my autumn/winter fabrics were within easy reach and my summer stuff was higher up on the shelf when I came across this mid weight textured jersey that I bought from Fabric Vision's sale table a couple of years ago.  I had bought it for a dress in the first place but stalled on the project because I wasn't sure which pattern to make.  When I came across it I figured it would make a lovely trans seasonal dress and the Inari came to mind as the perfect pattern.



This dress was super quick to make up and it does indeed make the perfect partner for the fabric.  I changed the sleeves as per Handmade By Carolyn's instructions so that I could raise my arms without too much leg exposure as this tends to be an issue with this pattern.  I also finished the neckline with a binding which I made from some light weight knit from my scrap bin.



If I was going to be super picky, I would say the neckline is a smidge too wide for my liking but otherwise I am really happy with the dress.  I am pleased I gave the pattern a second outing.


Comments

Popular Posts