McCall's Papercut Undercover Mash Up in Merino



 Since I have been embracing the stay at home new normal, I have found some gaps in my wardrobe.  Let's just call them stay at home gaps.  I was in need of a sweatshirt that would be tidy enough to visit the supermarket or walk the dog.  Let's face it, that is about as going out as it gets these days!  I also wanted it to be warm because here in New Zealand we are heading towards winter despite the weather currently indicating otherwise. 



Now in my stash, because lets face it until this week my creativity has been limited to what I currently had, was a lovely piece of heavy black merino sweat shirting that I bought from The Fabric Store quite a few years ago. I decided to use it to replace my now pretty well worn out boiled wool sweatshirt/jacket that I tended to reach for regularly over winter.



McCall's 6992 was my starting point.  I use this pattern for all my sweatshirts because I love the fit.  I then used my now modified Papercut Undercover Hoodie hood which I have also modified to overlap, for the hood.  My daughter found a piece of cotton lycra in my scrap bin to brighten it up a bit and I included this as the hood lining.  I also used a narrow stripe cotton lycra in the same colour way as piping along the sleeve seams.   I had a dig around in my fabric stash and had just enough black ribbing in the right shade of black to do the job.  It was all meant to be really!



 My daughter then came up with the perfect shoe lace to match the red in the trim and we added some metal tie ends purchased from Aliexpress just to take away the shoe lace look.



I have to say, I love how this hoodie turned out!  It has been worth the 3-5 year wait to use this fabric because I think this will be in regular rotation over the cold months.  So, now when I am "going out"  I will have just the thing to wear!




Fabric $16.80
Hood Lining(remnant) $0.00
Ribbing (remnant) $0.00
Pattern (used before) $0.00
Tie (gifted) $0.00
Total $16.80

Comments

  1. I have both of these patterns, but have only used the undercover hoodie - which I made in a heavy merino and wear ALL THE TIME! I really must try the McCalls - looks a really good shape. Terrible how you (...I mean... me) keep buying new patterns when so many in the stash to try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts